Skip to main content

Banana Crumb Muffins


Today, I am going to show you how to make these yummy banana muffins!


The first thing we are going to do is preheat our ovens to 375 degrees (F), or 190 degrees (C). Next, we are going to prep our ingredients. First we are going to mash our bananas. Take four bananas and mash them in a small bowl. Next, we are going to combine our dry ingredients. You may sift them if you want to, but I don't have a sifter so I didn't. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Set your dry ingredients aside until later.

Now that our main ingredients are prepped, we are going to start mixing our wet ingredients. To the mashed banana, we are going to add our sugar, egg, and melted butter and mix them until they are combined. Make sure your butter is cool before adding it into your bananas. Once the wet ingredients are mixed, add the wet to the dry and fold together. Make sure not to over mix the ingredients. Befire we bake these muffins, we are going to make a cinnamon streusul. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and flour. Sprinkle it on the muffins, then bake them  for 18-20 minutes. I ended up with 15 muffins, but the amount may vary. I would line at least 15 liners.

 I hope you enjoy these muffins! They are super simple to make, and they taste so good! Get the video and recipe below.

~The Junior Baker

Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 cups (510g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3-4 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (76g) melted butter
- 1/3 cup (73g) brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour

Preheat oven to 375. Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas, then add the white sugar, egg, and melted butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and flour using a pastry cutter or fork. Sprinkle the topping on top of the muffins and bake for 18-20 minutes.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triple Chip Cookies

Today I made triple chip cookies - white chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips. First, preheat your oven to 375 F. The list of ingredients are: 2 1/4 cup flour 1 tsp. Baking soda 1 tsp. salt 1 cup softened butter 3/4 cup white sugar 3/4 cup Brown sugar 1 tsp. vanilla extract 2 large eggs 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or whole 11.5 oz. bag) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl cream the butter, the two sugars, and the vanilla extract  together. Add the eggs, the stir the flour mixture in and add the chocolate chips. The dough gets slightly thick, do you may have to use your hands to finish mixing the dough. Form the cookie dough into small to medium sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. Place onto a cooling rack to set and cool. Let them cool for 5 minutes or so. Then, enjoy! - The Junior Baker

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pie (no-bake)

 Today I am going to show you how to make a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pie! This pie is  so delicious, very rich, and easy to make.  The ingredients for this pie are: 1 prepared Oreo or Chocolate pie crust (or homemade) 1 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping Reese's  Miniature Peanut Butter Cups (I bought a party sized bag and used about 1/2 of it) 3/4 cup (90g) smooth peanut butter 4 oz. cream cheese 1 cup (128g) powdered sugar 8 oz. container whipped cream Chocolate syrup I found this recipe  here. This is the pie crust I used: So first I heated the chocolate fudge up in the microwave for 30 seconds. I poured it in the bottom of the pie crust, and put a layer of Reese's Peanut Butter cups on top of it.  Looks yummy already! I then combined the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 of the whipped cream together. I mixed this all together, then added the rest of the whipped cream. I  then chopped up at least

Snickerdoodles

Since Fall is here, I thought I would post a fall themed recipe. So I usually use the recipe I have in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but today I wanted to try something different. I went online and found this recipe from Cookies and Cups, so check out her blog. I think I will probably use the Betty Crocker recipe, so I will tell you more about that at the end of this post. As usual when creaming butter and sugar, you really want to make sure you do it well. I think I creamed mine for at least 3 minutes. More time, such as 5 minutes, would be even better. Once the butter is all creamed together with the sugars, you are going to add your egg and egg yolk one at a  time.   Before we mix the eggs, we are going to add our baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. I didn't include the clip of me adding the baking soda because I didn't want you to get it confused with the cream of tartar, but don't worry, I added it. So once all of that is is