Skip to main content

Chocolate Cupcakes

  



Chocolate cupcakes so yummy, especially if you want chocolate cake in small snake sized portions. To start, you are going to need a box of chocolate cake mix. I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge.



So I used 1/3 cup vegetable oil, three eggs, and one cup of water. This is before I found out one of my cake mix hacks which is replacing water with milk and using four eggs instead of three. This makes the cake more moist.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I do this before I start mixing the ingredients together so that when I am done mixing the ingredients,  I can put it right in the oven.  So follow the instructions on the back of the cake mix you are using. Combine all of the ingredients using a mixer. I do not have a stand mixer, so I used one of my large mixing bowls and a hand mixer.


                                                  My batter is all ready to bake!!



I made 12 cupcakes. I used an ice-cream scoop to distribute my batter evenly.


Bake the cupcakes in the oven. I really don't know why, but I thought the cake mix only made 12 cupcakes. So I ended up with some more batter, which I poured into a 9 inch round.


Once the cupcakes are done baking let them cool for five minutes, then transfer the cupcakes from their pans to a cooling rack. Now we are ready to decorate!


 I used Betty Crocker cupcake icing.

 I used the star tip that came with the cans, and piped swirls on the cupcakes.


I arranged the cupcakes on a cake board, and placed a wine glass upside down in the middle of the cake board. I arranged the cupcakes around the wine glass, then placed my last one on the foot of the glass. I really like this style of arranging!


On top of the blue iced cupcakes, I added silver sprinkles, and on the pink, I used hot pint sprinkles.



                                            And I'm done! Decorating cupcakes is so easy and fun. Enjoy!








Baking things like this are easy and fun! I love decorating  things like this. Try it using different icing colors and see what you can create!

                                               ~ The Baker














     












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Triple Chip Cookies

Today I made triple chip cookies - white chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips. First, preheat your oven to 375 F. The list of ingredients are: 2 1/4 cup flour 1 tsp. Baking soda 1 tsp. salt 1 cup softened butter 3/4 cup white sugar 3/4 cup Brown sugar 1 tsp. vanilla extract 2 large eggs 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or whole 11.5 oz. bag) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl cream the butter, the two sugars, and the vanilla extract  together. Add the eggs, the stir the flour mixture in and add the chocolate chips. The dough gets slightly thick, do you may have to use your hands to finish mixing the dough. Form the cookie dough into small to medium sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. Place onto a cooling rack to set and cool. Let them cool for 5 minutes or so. Then, enjoy! - The Junior Baker

Snickerdoodles

Since Fall is here, I thought I would post a fall themed recipe. So I usually use the recipe I have in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but today I wanted to try something different. I went online and found this recipe from Cookies and Cups, so check out her blog. I think I will probably use the Betty Crocker recipe, so I will tell you more about that at the end of this post. As usual when creaming butter and sugar, you really want to make sure you do it well. I think I creamed mine for at least 3 minutes. More time, such as 5 minutes, would be even better. Once the butter is all creamed together with the sugars, you are going to add your egg and egg yolk one at a  time.   Before we mix the eggs, we are going to add our baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. I didn't include the clip of me adding the baking soda because I didn't want you to get it confused with the cream of tartar, but don't worry, I added it. So once all of that is is

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pie (no-bake)

 Today I am going to show you how to make a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pie! This pie is  so delicious, very rich, and easy to make.  The ingredients for this pie are: 1 prepared Oreo or Chocolate pie crust (or homemade) 1 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping Reese's  Miniature Peanut Butter Cups (I bought a party sized bag and used about 1/2 of it) 3/4 cup (90g) smooth peanut butter 4 oz. cream cheese 1 cup (128g) powdered sugar 8 oz. container whipped cream Chocolate syrup I found this recipe  here. This is the pie crust I used: So first I heated the chocolate fudge up in the microwave for 30 seconds. I poured it in the bottom of the pie crust, and put a layer of Reese's Peanut Butter cups on top of it.  Looks yummy already! I then combined the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 of the whipped cream together. I mixed this all together, then added the rest of the whipped cream. I  then chopped up at least